Roz Bel Laban
Roz Bel Laban is a dessert that can be served sweet or savory. Ros is the Egyptian word for rice, and Laban is the Egyptian word for milk. The dish is simple to make and delicious. Ros Bel Laban is a classic Egyptian dessert that has been prepared with very minor changes. It was created during the time of historic Cairo.
Egyptian Rice Pudding Roz Bel Laban
2 CUP COOKED white rice
3 quarts heavy cream
half cup honey
1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
a teaspoon rose extract
1 tsp rose extract 1 teaspoon allspice powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Egypt’s Favorite Food is Roz Bel Laban Egyptian Rice Pudding.
In Egypt, roz bel laban rice pudding is a highly popular delicacy. Roz bel laban can be eaten cold or hot. Rice, rose water, fragrant spices, honey, and cream are used in this variation of Roz bel laban.
Egyptian Rice Pudding Dessert
For thousands of years, rose water has been employed in numerous Egyptian cooking traditions.
Roz bel laban is a traditional Egyptian rice pudding made with rice, rosewater, sweet spices, honey, and cream, and served warm or chilled.
Time to prepare: 10 minutes Time to prepare: 20 minutes to 30 minutes total
After carefully washing the rice, soak it in water for around 15 minutes. Place the rice in a pot after sieving it. Place the rice on a medium burner and cover with water. Allow five minutes for the rice to boil. Do not allow the water to run out. It’s supposed to be soggy rice! Re-sieve the partially cooked rice.
Add the sugar to the milk in a separate container and whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Stir the rice steadily for a minute after adding the sweetened milk. Place the rice milk and sugar mixture over a low heat and cook for 20 minutes.
In a small amount of water, dissolve the starch and add it to the boiling rice. Slowly stir the mixture until it thickens.
Remove the pan from the heat. Allow for a five-minute cooling period before adding the vanilla.
Refrigerate the mixture in smaller bowls.
The above dish is the original Ros Bel Laban recipe. The toppings, on the other hand, may differ. You have the ability to be inventive. Pistachio and/or hazelnut nuts, for example, are unsalted. The desert will be enhanced by the addition of shredded dried coconut. You may also take the topping to the next level by putting ice cream on top of the Ros bowl. It will, without a doubt, taste delicious. Ros Bel Laban is a high-calorie sweet meal that is ideal for breakfast, especially if the youngsters will be practicing sports all day.
ROZ BEL LABAN’S 6 FAVORITE RESTAURANTS IN CAIRO
No, we aren’t discussing rice pudding. You have arrived at the incorrect location. This isn’t a listicle about your life in any way. This article, on the other hand, is on ros bel laban, an entirely distinct dessert that requires no introduction. What you need to know is where to acquire it in the capital, and that’s where we can help.
Restaurants names and addresses
- Saber / Mohandessin: Saber chose to create a new branch in Cairo to give Cairenes a taste of their famous roz bel laban. You’ll thank us later if you order their Saber roz bel laban.
- El Karnak / Abdeen, Imbaba, Haram, Matarya, Dar El Salam: Malek El Konbela is the only roz bel laban you’ll need here. That masterpiece, which translates to “The King of Bombs” in English, is precisely that: bomb af! You receive your standard roz bel laban, with the addition of a plethora of mangoes and strawberries. Tada!
- Sucre for Sale / Branches Throughout Cairo and Alexandria: Few people are aware that Sale Sucre makes roz bel laban, but we can assure you that they do, and they’re delicious. You might wonder why. Because they come in a wide variety of flavors. Make sure you try their chocolate version. Also, while this listicle focuses on Cairo, Alexandrians should be aware that they can find roz bel laban wherever they are.
- El Malky / Branches Throughout Cairo: We couldn’t make a list about roz bel laban without including El Malky. We simply cannot!
- Zooba / Zamalek, Korba, Maadi, New Cairo, Rehab City, Sheikh Zayed: This is the most expensive of the ros bel labans on the list, but the extra coins are well worth it. Except for the nuts, halawet sha3r, and creaminess, which will simultaneously make you aww, gasp, and scream.
- El Madina El Monawara / Heliopolis, 6th of October, New Cairo, Maadi, Rehab City: This location is synonymous with ros bel laban in the capital, much like El Malky. If you’ve never had one from here, please put down the book and go to the nearest branch to begin your life.